CALM SOUL OF ALL THINGS
From "Lines Written
in Kensington Gardens"
by: Matthew Arnold (1822-1888)
- ALM soul
of all things! make it mine
- To feel, amid the citys jar,
- That there abides a peace of thine,
- Man did not make, and cannot mar!
- The will to neither strive nor cry,
- The power to feel with others give!
- Calm, calm me more! nor let me die
- Before I have begun to live.
POEMS BY MATTHEW ARNOLD
"Calm Soul of All Things"
is reprinted from The Oxford Book of English Mystical Verse.
Ed. D.H.S. Nicholson. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1917.