WHO PLAYED WITH A LOADED GUN AND, ON MISSING HIS SISTER, WAS REPRIMANDED BY HIS FATHER
by: Hilaire Belloc (1870-1953)
- oung Algernon, the Doctor’s Son,
- Was playing with a Loaded Gun.
- He pointed it towards his sister,
- Aimed very carefully, but Missed her!
- His Father, who was standing near,
- The Loud Explosion chanced to Hear,
- And reprimanded Algernon
- For playing with a Loaded Gun.
POEMS BY HILAIRE BELLOC
|"Algernon" is reprinted from Cautionary Tales for Children. Hilaire Belloc. 1907.