HE WHO KNOWS LOVE
by: Elsa Barker (1869-1954)
- E who
knows Love--becomes Love, and his eyes
- Behold Love in the heart of everyone,
- Even the loveless: as the light of the sun
- Is one with all it touches. He is wise
- With undivided wisdom, for he lies
- In Wisdoms arms. His wanderings are done,
- For he has found the Source whence all things run--
- The guerdon of the quest, that satisfies.
- He who knows Love becomes Love, and he knows
- All beings are himself, twin-born of Love.
- Melted in Loves own fire, his spirit flows
- Into all earthly forms, below, above;
- He is the breath and glamour of the rose,
- He is the benediction of the dove.
POEMS BY ELSA BARKER
"He who knows Love" is
reprinted from The Oxford book of English mystical verse.
Ed. D.H.S. Nicholson. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1917.