THE VIEWLESS ATOMS OF THE AIR
by: Gustavo Adolfo Becquer (1836-1870)
- HE viewless atoms of the air
- Around me palpitate and burn,
- All heaven dissolves in gold, and earth
- Quivers with new-found joy.
- Floating on waves of harmony I hear
- A stir of kisses, and a sweep of wings;
- Mine eyelids close--"What pageant nears?"
- "'Tis Love that passes by!"
- --Translated by Mrs. Ward
MORE POEMS BY GUSTAVO ADOLFO BECQUER
|"The Viewless Atoms of the Air" is reprinted from Legends, Tales and Poems. Gustavo Adolfo Becquer. Boston: Ginn & Company, 1907.