by: Robert Hugh Benson
- ather, within Thy House to-day
- We wait Thy kindly love to see;
- Since thou hast said in truth that they
- Who dwell in love are one with Thee,
- Bless these who for Thy blessing wait,
- Their love accept and consecrate.
- Dear Lord of love, whose Heart of Fire,
- So full of pity for our sin,
- Was once in that Divine Desire
- Broken, Thy Bride to woo and win:
- Look down and bless them from above
- And keep their hearts alight with love.
- Blest Spirit, who with life and light
- Didst quicken chaos to Thy praise,
- Whose energy, in sin's despite,
- Still lifts our nature up to grace;
- Bless those who here in troth consent.
- Creator, crown Thy Sacrament.
- Great One in Three, of Whom are named
- All families in earth and heaven,
- Hear us, who have Thy promise claimed,
- And let a wealth of grace be given
- Grant them in life and death to be
- Each knit to each, and both to Thee.
MORE POEMS BY ROBERT HUGH BENSON
|"Wedding Hymn" is reprinted from Poems. Robert Hugh Benson. New York: P.J. Kenedy
& Sons, 1914.