MORE POEMS BY SAMUEL TAYLOR COLERIDGE
by: Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- aid of my Love, sweet Genevieve!
- In Beauty's light you glide along:
- Your eye is like the star of eve,
- And sweet your Voice, as Seraph's song.
- Yet not your heavenly Beauty gives
- This heart with passion soft to glow:
- Within your soul a Voice there lives!
- It bids you hear the tale of Woe.
- When sinking low the Sufferer wan
- Beholds no hand outstretched to save,
- Fair, as the bosom of the Swan
- That rises graceful o'er the wave,
- I've seen your breast with pity heave,
- And therefore love I you, sweet Genevieve!