MORE POEMS BY SAMUEL TAYLOR COLERIDGE
TIME, REAL AND IMAGINARY
by: Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- N the wide
level of a mountain's head
- (I knew not where, but 'twas some faery place),
- Their pinions, ostrich-like, for sails outspread,
- Two lovely children run an endless race,
- A sister and a brother!
- This far outstripp'd the other;
- Yet ever runs she with reverted face,
- And looks and listens for the boy behind:
- For he, alas! is blind!
- O'er rough and smooth with even step he pass'd,
- And knows not whether he be first or last.