SONG OF PSYYHA
by: Charlotte Eaton
- LOVE you
- I love you as I love the sun overhead,
- The earth underfoot,
- The flowers that spring out of the earth,
- The fresh breezes of the sea,
- The morning star, gold-fluctuating Venus,
- Or calm white steadfast Jupiter.
- I love you passionately!
- The brawny beautiful arms made for enfolding,
- The eyes brown and limpid, brimming over with sweetness.
- It is necessary to me that your heart beats,
- And that you inhale with conscious pleasure the soft spring
- That you love light, color, action, and are ambitious,
- That you love the beauty of the human face and form,
- And portray them both with mastery;
- That you grasp that which is not graspable by all,
- And know that which is not knowable to all;
- That you have eyes--for a purpose,
- A heart--for a purpose,
- And an inquisitive soul--for a purpose.
POEMS BY CHARLOTTE EATON
"Song of Psyyha" is reprinted
from Poetica Erotica. Ed. T.R. Smith. New York: Crown