COME AND LIE WITH ME
by: Elsie A. Gidlow
and lie with me and love me,
- Touch me with your hands a little,
- Kiss me, as you lean above me,
- With your cold, sadistic kisses;
- Wind your hair close, close around me,--
- Pain might dissipate this blankness;
- Hurt me even, even wound me;
- I have need of love that stings.
- Come and lie with me and love me,
- So that I can laugh at things.
POEMS BY ELSIE GIDLOW
"Come and Lie With Me"
is reprinted from Poetica Erotica. Ed. T.R. Smith. New
York: Crown Publishers, 1921.