by: Eva Gore-Booth (1870-1926)
- OR years
I sought the Many in the One,
- I thought to find lost waves and broken rays,
- The rainbows faded colours in the sun--
- The dawns and twilights of forgotten days.
- But now I seek the One in every form,
- Scorning no vision that a dewdrop holds,
- The gentle Light that shines behind the storm,
- The Dream that many a twilight hour enfolds.
POEMS BY EVA GORE-BOOTH
"The Quest" is reprinted
from The Oxford Book of English Mystical Verse. Ed. Nicholson
& Lee. Oxford: The Clarendon Press, 1917.