ADDRESS TO THE MOON
by: Nathaniel Hawthorne
MORE POEMS BY NATHANIEL HAWTHORNE
- OW sweet
the silver Moon's pale ray,
- Falls trembling on the distant bay,
- O'er which the breezes sigh no more,
- Nor billows lash the sounding shore.
- Say, do the eyes of those I love,
- Behold thee as thou soar'st above,
- Lonely, majestic and serene,
- The calm and placid evening's Queen?
- Say, if upon thy peaceful breast,
- Departed spirits find their rest,
- For who would wish a fairer home,
- Than in that bright, refulgent dome?