THE SEA HATH ITS PEARLS
by: Heinrich Heine (1799-1856)
- HE sea hath
- The heaven hath its stars;
- But my heart, my heart,
- My heart hath its love.
- Great are the sea, and the heaven;
- Yet greater is my heart,
- And fairer than pearls or stars
- Flashes and beams my love.
- Thou little, youthful maiden,
- Come unto my great heart;
- My heart, and the sea and the heaven
- Are melting away with love!
POEMS BY HEINRICH HEINE
This English translation of "The
Sea Hath its Pearls" was composed by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow