GO SEEK HER OUT ALL COURTEOUSLY
by: James Joyce (1882-1941)
- O seek her
out all courteously,
- And say I come,
- Wind of spices whose song is ever
- O, hurry over the dark lands
- And run upon the sea
- For seas and land shall not divide us
- My love and me.
- Now, wind, of your good courtesy
- I pray you go,
- And come into her little garden
- And sing at her window;
- Singing: The bridal wind is blowing
- For Love is at his noon;
- And soon will your true love be with you,
- Soon, O soon.
POEMS BY JAMES JOYCE
'Go seek her out all courteously'
is reprinted from Chamber Music. James Joyce. London:
Elkin Mathews, 1907.