TO A POST-OFFICE INKWELL
by: Christopher Morley
- OW many
humble hearts have dipped
- In you, and scrawled their manuscript!
- Have shared their secrets, told their cares,
- Their curious and quaint affairs!
- Your pool of ink, your scratchy pen,
- Have moved the lives of unborn men,
- And watched young people, breathing hard,
- Put Heaven on a postal card.
MORE POEMS BY CHRISTOPHER MORLEY
"To a Post-Office Inkwell"
is reprinted from Modern American Poetry. Ed. Louis Untermeyer.
New York: Harcourt, Brace and Howe, 1919.