by: Frank Dempster Sherman
- UT of the
- From the shadow sea of night,
- On tides of musk a moth uplifts
- Its weary wings of white.
- Is it a dream or ghost
- Of a dream that comes to me,
- Here in the twilight on the coast,
- Blue cinctured by the sea?
- Fashioned of foam and froth--
- And the dream is ended soon,
- And lo, whence came the moon-white moth
- Comes now the moth-white moon!
MORE POEMS BY FRANK DEMPSTER SHERMAN
"Witchery" is reprinted
from The Little Book of Modern Verse. Ed. Jessie B. Rittenhouse.
Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company, 1917.