by: François Villon
- OOD-BY, the tears are in my eyes;
- Farewell, farewell, my prettiest;
- Farewell, of women born the best;
- Good-by, the saddest of good-bys.
- Farewell, with many vows and sighs
- My sad heart leaves you to your rest;
- Farewell, the tears are in my eyes;
- Farewell, from you my miseries
- Are more than now may be confessed,
- And most by thee have I been blessed,
- Yea, and for thee have wasted sighs;
- Good-by, the last of my good-bys.
POEMS BY FRANÇOIS VILLON
This poem was translated into English
by Andrew Lang (1844-1912).