THE FALLING OF THE LEAVES
by: William Butler Yeats
- UTUMN is over the long leaves
that love us,
- And over the mice in the barley sheaves;
- Yellow the leaves of the rowan above us,
- And yellow the wet wild-strawberry leaves.
- The hour of the waning of love has beset us,
- And weary and worn are our sad souls now;
- Let us part, ere the season of passion forget us,
- With a kiss and a tear on thy drooping brow.
POEMS BY WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS
"The Falling of the Leaves"
is reprinted from Crossways. W.B. Yeats. 1889.