THE BEAUTY LOVER
by: Claire Zu Bard
- HE round, pink, laughing girl
- And the thin, grey, silent girl watches.
- ....And afterwards,
- When the bather dries herself
- And puts powder under her arms,
- And lies down, like a sleepy flower,--
- The grey girl catches her around the hips, violently,
- And kisses her:
- Surprised, the pink girl draws away;
- And the grey girl--
- (Poor little restless lover of beauty)
- And is ashamed.
POEMS BY CLAIRE ZU BARD
"The Beauty Lover" is
reprinted from Poetica Erotica. Ed. T.R. Smith. New York:
Crown Publishers, 1921.